Tuesday, January 22, 2013

President Sperry shared this:

“When we obey Satan, we give him power. When we obey God, He gives us power.”
 
Mommy,
You are such a babe! I think you look way good. I love you so much and I am glad you have the opportunity now to help people find the place where they can raise their family. I don't know if you realize this but it all starts in the home. Who people become, the way they treat others, how they show love and emotion it all starts in the home and you are so lucky to have the privilege to help get people into the right one for them. I hope you know I love you a lot and I am so proud of how are you are working and all the things you are accomplishing while I am gone.
I am going to share a secret with you. I am going to be staying in Baliwag for two more transfers that is until almost the end of April. You may wonder how I know this. Well I know because I will be training a brand new missionary how to be a missionary here in the Philippines!
Love,
Sister Newman

Mommy,
I don't know if you got my other email or not but I sent Sister Loreto home this afternoon and will be with Sister Nunez until transfer meeting when I will get my brand spankin new baby missionary fresh from the mtc. Boy is she in for a wake up call. I remember my first few weeks...well months and I will try to make it the best experience I can for her. I don't know who she is or what nationality she happens to be, but we are all pretty sure I will be getting the American. I hope McKayla's new beginnings goes well. I am pretty jealous because that sunds like so much fun, but I will be able to do that too someday. I don't have to worry about it right now. I love you mom and I am way excited for your new calling. I miss hearing you play the piano. Maybe my new companion will know how. Won't that be wonderful! I love you so much!
Love,
Sister Newman

Thank you for the great email, Daddy. I love hearing from you. I am sad to hear that you had a headache and Nathan had croup, but I hope that you are both feeling better now. I am guessing that was on Friday? Are you sure all the stamps I have will be ok or do I need to put two little ones on letters I send when those way cute ones run out? Tell mom I am pretty excited for her new calling. I bet she is happy and will love being able to play again. Cause you know thats the thing about calling and commandments, God has to provide a way for us to be able to accomplish them. You know, I firmly believe that He gives us commandments so He can bless us and show us miracles. He loves us so much! I hope none of us forget that.
It would be really awesome if Lilly got a job wouldn't it. I think it would get her on a better schedule and help her to start seeing life through more mature eyes. She is a good girl and it made me happy when I found out she worked so hard and really enjoyed her cna class.
My stomach is causing me problems again, but I just got a new calling that is going to take a miracle. I am going to be a trainer. And she i\will most likely be an American and I am scared but I know it is possible through the help of my Heavenly Father.
I love you so much daddy! I am excited to receive the family's little packages that will be sent each month. It is weird to think of the rest of my stay in transfers. Yes I still have many months but after I am done training I will only have 4 transfers to go. 4 transfers is nothing. So weird how time moves so quickly. Especially when you wish you had just a bit more. That is why we have to make every moment count, because we aren't going to get that moment back. Have a good week!

Sister Newman

No comments:

Post a Comment