Wednesday, January 2, 2013




Skype was pretty awesome wasn't it. I am glad you enjoyed your Christmas card I want to know what everyone thought of their individual cards. I really did pick them out special and I hoped you would enjoy them and some of you get a good laugh out of them. I hope you all keep them so I can tell you exactly what went through my mind when picking them out. IT was pretty funny. Lets be honest, getting a peek into my mind is pretty hilarious, so much more interesting than getting a peek into Bella's mind.

If we got fireworks I would be so happy I think I will be going through withdrawal and missing the Philippines when I get home and fireworks would just be perfect. There was so much food I didn't know what to do with myself. I have pretty much become a garbage disposal when it comes to what I will and will not eat...but I still struggle with mushrooms...go figure.

I will keep working hard and make this year the best one yet! President actually said something in my interview that kinda scared me and leads me to believe that I may or may not be training next transfer and that really freaks me out but I have learned to trust the scripture Alma 26:12 "Yea, I know that I am nothing, as to my strength, I am weak. Therefore, I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God for in His strength I can do all things. Yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land for which we will praise His name forever.

We can do whatever is asked of us. I love you Daddy and I miss you a ton, but when I had the stray thought come into my mind that I could go home I just wanted to cry because I can't I can't leave these people. I love this place so much. My heart is here and I am going to break in two when I have to go home. I love the gospel and I am so happy I get the chance to share it. I LOVE YOU!!!!!

Love,
not so Baby girl, Sister Newman

 Thanks for the email mom. This might be short because my elbow is hurting so bad today and it is ridiculous to move it. I am pretty sure it is arthritis but I don't know. I can't believe Uncle Steve passed away. Was it from the tumor that he had when I started my mission? How is his family doing with it right now? Is Grandma struggling. That is so weird. He didn't live very much longer than his dad. I will keep you all in my prayers especially their family.

This is going to be an amazing year I am sure of it. We are all going to do amazing things, and you and I are going to perform miracles on our bodies by eating right even when it is hard because everyone around you is eating what they want when they want. We can be strong!

This week has been pretty awesome. We went to the temple this morning and I was in the Celestial room for a long time thinking about life and being a missionary and about how I can make myself better right now and how I can make myself better for the future. Sometimes I find my mind wandering to things I want to do someday or to songs I use to sing and I have a hard time focusing on the things that matter most. My new year resolution is to stay focused on the things that are most important right now. Not get lost thinking of another time whether in the future or the past I need to focus on what He needs me to do this moment.

Did you enjoy the Christmas cards that were sent? Nathan said he liked his. I am glad for that. Did Kristina resend that email that she as complaining didn't come? Because I still don't have it and I want to see it.

I sent two stories in for next transfers newsletter and if they get in you will know because I will probably send you a copy because my little heart will swell with pride because I grew up to be such a good girl... just kidding!

I hope you enjoy all the pictures I have to send to you. I am having such a good time and yet we are working our hardest. I love that I have so much fun with Sister Loreto and I am going to miss her when she goes home. We had a spectacular New Year with our neighbor sister Lesly and there were fireworks and firecrackers and so much food I thought I would die! I can hardly believe it is already 2013 but I am so excited to work hard each day to change myself and help those around me change as well. This life is about change and we can do it!

I LOVE YOU ALL SO VERY VERY MUCH!!!!!!

Love, Sister Newman

For Christmas they received permission to tour an above ground cemetery. Our History lover was in Heaven!!!














No comments:

Post a Comment