Thursday, May 3, 2012

Letter home May 3, 2012

Momma & Papa,
Brother Sales wants to be baptised. The Elders all asked him yesterday if he would be, but he said no he was already baptised as a baby. I was so sick last night trying to think of what we could teach this morning, but nothing was coming. Then I prayed for guidance (patnulay) and for the Holy Ghost (Espiritu Santo) to take this lesson. I knew we sould talk about baptism again. I was ill. What could we say or do? Well, we just studied in English and found it in Tagalog and took our stuff, prayed, let the spirit lead, and it was awesome. He told us his concerns and we bore testimony about the proper authority of God through the priesthood. We let the Spirit be the teacher and he agreed to be baptized. Cloud 9!
The Spirit is real. The church is true and it changes lives. I can't do this but the Lord can. We spoke a lot of broken Taglish but it felt good. He is a good young man (we are pretty sure he is already a member, but that doesn't matter). I know there will still be rough days but I will be happy and I will not give up. The Lord will not forsake me. I will not forsake Him.
I love you all so much and thank you for your love and prayers. I feel them every moment. I will continue to pray for you all. This really shall be but a small moment.
Love,
Sister Brittany Nichole Newman
P.S. Tell Nathan his birthday is lucky and I hope it was a good one.  We were right, Brother Sales is our other teacher. How embarrassing. But now we will be humble and learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment