Sunday, September 9, 2012

Don't know what happened to the title



Hey mom,
   I would type you your own giant email if I wasn't so slow at typing that there was no time left.  I am sorry about the fact that there are no pictures this time.  The card reader didn't work and I was too chicken to try to get a new one.  How is everything going?  I hope things are great.  I am guessing Rachel has a new baby now.  How fun?  Is she just beautiful?  I have to go, but I wanted you know know I thought of you and that I love you so much.  I am glad you are my mommy and I want you to always stay healthy and strong.  Keep working hard and I know you will be a success in this new job course you are putting yourself on.  I love you and will talk to you fairly soon.
Love your daughter who isn't a baby anymore,
  Sister Brittany Nichole Newman
PS: You will get pics and en email next week on Wednesday. 

 Hello everybody!

   So I will hopefully get the shoes tomorrow because the ones I have on almost have holes in the bottom.  It is ridiculous how quickly I walk through these rubber shoes, but no others fit me.  I hope I get lots of letters from you all too.  Letters would be amazing right now...well all the time to be honest.  They make my week so much better and I get so happy when I know someone thought of me.
   I wanted to mention a few of our people that we have been teaching.  There is a Sister(LA) named Chona, who has been coming to church again and really starting to change.  She did not like us before and would hide from us, but now she comes to church, takes notes, reads her scriptures, and lets us into her home.  She is very nice now.  She is getting ready to go abroad.  She says that it is not allowed for her to have the book of Mormon at that job so she is trying to learn all she can now and she is learning that you should never take the gospel for granted.  That is the truth.  Learn all you can while you can and build your testimony now so when the trials and struggles come, which they will, they won't have power to bring you down.
   We met two new investigators who are so ready for this gospel.  They want the change.  They want to repent and receive forgiveness for the stupid things they have done.  Their names are Melody and Victor.  They are about to have their second baby and they are way excited for that.  We need to keep teaching them to find out if they are really sincere.  Melody has had the lessons before, but she says that this time they feel different, this time she wants to change she wants to do what we ask.
   Amelia and Susan are progressing so well.  The spirit was so strong when they each bore their testimonies of the Book of Mormon and the truthfulness of this gospel.  I don't understand a lot of what they are saying, but I felt the spirit so strongly and I understood enough to know what they were talking about.  These two sisters are so great and I am excited for their baptism.
   Jr, Aj, and Melarose three of my favorite people in the whole world.  They are 10 years old and they want so badly to be baptized, but Aj and Melarose their parents say no.  That makes me sad.  But they keep learning and they say they will keep learning an keep going to church.  They know it is true.  They know it is important and they love it.
    This week I have been thinking a lot about who Heavenly Father needs me to become, and if I am actually doing that.  If I am living up to His expectations of me.  Reviewing my progress, I feel like I am not quite there.  I have so far to go and sometimes I feel like my humanness is a let down to Him.  I am really trying to leave myself behind and become a selfless servant, but I am really struggling with doing that.  I am struggling with a lot of things.  I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of how I can be better, that aren't impossible to accomplish.  How do I let go of myself and become the daughter He needs?
    In the scripture I have been reading this week Look and Live has been mentions a lot.  It is talking about when the children of Israel were in the wilderness for 40 and I think the snakes made them way sick and they would die.  But if they would just look upon this snake on the cross they would be healed, as a promise from God.  It represents looking to Christ.  He is the way the truth and the light.  He is our ONLY way.  If we look to Him, follow Him, and endure to the end, only then will we be saved.  Otherwise we won't.  But he loves us enough to let us choose.  This morning I read in Alma 37 and 38 that it is easy to follow Christ.  WHAT!?  Yes, it is.  In the eternal picture of things it is so much easier to follow Christ.
    For those of you who think you are following Christ.  Look at the way you are living. Examine yourselves.  Are you a reflection of what he is and does?  Or are you reflecting something else.  Christ was baptized to fulfill all righteousness.  We are to do the same.  Baptized into this, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  But after we are baptized and receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost, it is not over.  Part of it is enduring to the end.  2Nephi 31:19-21.  Read this.  It is short but to the point.  Follow it.  And those of you who refuse to read it, well that is sad, because you are probably afraid that you are going to realize that it is true.  Good.  Because it is and I love you too much to hide the truth from you.  Don't deny it.  Please get on the path.  This, the only path, that leads to Eternal Life.
   Look and Live!
  And to my friend who is having struggles worse than I could ever imagine.  I am sorry I am not there to help you.  But know that you are always in my prayers, and I am grateful for all you have done for me.  I forgive you and I am not mad at all.  Here's the thing, "crazy like a straw" happened this week and I couldn't be as good a friend as I wanted to be.  But, we're cool. 
   I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!  KEEP GOING!!!! KEEP HOLDING ON!!!
Sister Brittany Nichole Newman

No comments:

Post a Comment