Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Letter from Sister Bird


July 23, 2012

Dear Newman family!

Hello! I am Sister Bird, your daughter’s kasama here in the Malolos area! You are probably wondering why in the world did we get a letter from Sister Bird. . . Well let me just tell ya :o)

I wanted to thank you for how obedient, hardworking, teachable and fun your daughter is. She is a great missionary! When a child turns out well, it obviously means the parents did a great job and I can tell you did! We have only been companions around 4 weeks but we have worked so hard, laughed a lot, seen many miracles, tender mercies, floods and even hard times but these weeks have been great. Sister Newman always has a positive attitude no matter what. We are opening this area so we are both new here. She’s had great patience and trust in the Lord. I feel privileged to get to train her even though I feel like she’s my 6th trainer. You always learn from companions, and she is no exception. I just wanted to make sure to thank you all for teaching her so well. She is doing great and I know she and you all are being blessed for her service. May the Lord continue to bless you and your family as she continues to labor in the Lord’s vineyard here in the Philippines.

Love,

Sister Bird

Just a thought. . .

“Though you sometimes may not be able to see the way, know that your Father in Heaven will never forsake His righteous followers. He will not leave you  comfortless. He will be at your side, yes, guiding you every step of the way.”

                Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

No comments:

Post a Comment