Saturday, October 20, 2012

I felt so spiritually uplifted by conference on Saturday and Sunday. It was truly inspiring and I really enjoyed every minute. That first announcement that made all the boys mouths drop in awe was pretty fantastic. I laughed to myself. I also laughed when Fiddler on the Roof was quoted. "If riches are a curse may I be smitten and never recover." And Elder Holland. Owi! At first I thought he was changing his teaching tactics for this one, that he was going to be calm and not so in the face. Boy, was I wrong! Even thinking about him saying, "Do you love me?" It pierces my heart and soul every time. Every bit of Conference was incredible.
And the Roque family is being baptized this Saturday. They are so ready it isn't even funny. Oh man, this family is so legit. And I know that they are converted to the Savior and His gospel, not to us as missionaries. They are great. They are fun and happy, and the best part is that they are a family and will be able to be sealed in a year after this! I love this! Missionary work is so blasted hard but there is no reward like this. I have never felt so good about something that I helped with, it wasn't even me, it was the spirit and the truth. And this family has just been ready. Their hearts were open and they were able to remember what we were all taught before by our Father in Heaven.
On Saturday I let myself get offended by something my companion had said about me. And she kept saying rude things and it hurt me. So I told myself that I was not going to be the one to make it right. She needed to learn how to fix it first. I was sick of being the one to take the fist step. I let my pride get in the way. I let it puff me up. That was very wrong. We could not be unified because I was choosing not to rise above and be Christlike instead of snot-nosed-booger-butt-like. And it wasn't fixed until we both came together and admitted our faults. It took humility and love. Sometimes there are people who really offend us or hurt our feelings, but we need to do what we promised to do at baptism. We said we would be like Christ. Rise above. I know we can do it.
I want to share one scripture before I go because this computer shop too is just about as hot as Draco Malfoy.
3Nephi 9: 13. O all ye that are spared because ye were more righteous than they, will ye not now return unto me, and repent of your sins, and be converted, that I may heal you?
14. Yea, verily I say unto you, if ye will come unto me ye shall have eternal life. Behold, mine arm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will I receive; and blessed are those who come unto me.
15. Behold, I am Jesus Christ...

I shared that with a recent convert the other day who thought he had no more chances. That his case was hopeless and he could not be saved. Satan really wants us to believe that we can't be saved, but I am here to tell you we can. No matter what we have done, His Atonement reaches there and we need to go to Him (repent) and be healed. I love you all and hope your week is brilliant!

Sister Brittany Nichole Newman

No comments:

Post a Comment